A theoretical estimation to give an idea of the yearly loss organic material.
- Cultivated topsoil: 25 cm (0,25 m)
- Surface: 10.000 m²
- Organic matter: 2%
- Specific gravity soil: 1.300 kg / m³
- Mineralisation factor: 3% year
- Organic matter FERTIPLUS 65%
- 0,25 m x 10.000 m² x 1.300 kg / m³ = 3.250.000 kg
- Total organic matter in soil: 3.250.000 x 2% = 65.000 kg
Yearly breakdown of organic matter
- 65.000 kg x 3% = 1.950 kg
Replacement of organic matter
- Crop rests in the field: 750 - 1.250 kg
- Netto need of external organic material: 700 - 1.200 kg
- In terms of Organic Fertilizer 4-3-3 65 OM: 1.100 - 1.850 kg
Although Organic Fertilizer is not only a substitute of organic material it can clearly be used for that. Organic Fertilizer should be used on base of crop needs in basic Fertilizer and organic matter replacement in your field.
Most important parameter on soil fertility is organic matter.